I hate Alienware – every time they release a new laptop I feel an urgent need to upgrade my trusty old Dell. Damn them and their devilishly tempting designs. Now they’ve done it again with the Alienware M15x, an even more tempting proposition because it doesn’t cost as much as the wonderful M17x.
Powered by one of Intel’s latest Core i7 CPUs and an (optional) Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M graphics card, the M15x will be more than capable of handling current games. The standard CPU option is the 2.8GHz 720QM, but for a hefty premium you can opt for the 3.2GHz 920XM with 8MB cache.
As the name suggests the Alienware M15x uses a 15.6-inch screen capable of resolutions of up to 1600×900, although that can be upgraded to a 1920×1080 resolution.
Prices start at $1,499, but don’t kid yourself – as soon as you get onto the Dell website you’ll be speccing it up to way more than that price!
Alienware M15x Specification
- 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 920XM CPU (Expandable to 8MB Cache)
- Optional 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M GPU
- Hard drive variations of up to 500GB 7200RPM HDD or 256GB SSD
- Slot-loading optical drive (Expandable to Dual-Layer Blu-ray Combo Drive)
- IEE 1394A (4-pin) port
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet port
- 3 USB 2.0 Ports
- VGA display output port
- 8-in-1 Media Card reader
- Built-in front-mounted stereo speakers